Training is not required for a school purchasing the program, though it is highly recommended. Most teachers are not trained in social-emotional issues, which makes the training even more important. Issues covered in the training include, but are not limited to:
- What is SEL and why it is critical to improving our kids, state and country.
- What is included in the HB program
- How to implement the program
- How to teach the lessons
- How to build a safe, student-friendly climate and culture
- How to engage your students in the program
- How to have a successful “Circle”
- How to specifically teach suicide prevention safely
- How to understand childhood trauma and become a Trauma-Informed School
- How to teach students who have parents who use illegal drugs
- How to specifically change destructive mindsets
HeartBridge Bootcamp dates
Summer 2018 Location; Hot Springs, Arkansas
August 6 10:00am -3:30pm
August 7 8:30am-3:30pm
August 8 8:30am-3:30pm
Cost is $500 per teacher. $400 per teacher if over three teachers
HeartBridge trainers will come to your school and give a one or two day training to all of your teachers. No maximum number required.
Cost is $3500 plus travel for one day training and $4500 for two day training plus travel.
The training will be customized to the school’s specific needs and program purchased.
Call 501-777-5735 to confirm final cost.